Sunday, November 24, 2013

Impulse Purchases.


So I'm a bit of a 'My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic' fan. You know, in a respectable twenty something, never going to grow up kind of way. I collect the trading cards, the toys (where is all the Big Mac merch?!), blind bag figures, etc. But then I saw the dog tags. DOG TAGS. What? Where the heck did this 'trend' come from? Is there a market for dog tags covered in technicolor ponies? Apparently so. I really tried to not want them (heck, I still don't really want them), but after a couple of Youtube reviews (Bins Toy Bin, I'm looking at you) something inside me snapped and the need to run to my nearest Walmart rushed into me. I still don't know exactly what happened, but here's what I ended up getting on my trip out.


So. The dog tags. I still don't really get it. I think I'm more excited about the vinyl decals that came with the package than I am about the plastic tags. The packs were $2.97 each and they came with a random dog tag, vinyl decal, tattoo set, and a checklist in case you want to collect everything in this series. I'm not sure if I will purchase any more of these, but I may try and track down the Discord option, as he is my favesies (hello, Q!). There are also Adventure Time dog tags, and a whole slew of other options so I guess this is a popular thing right now. Crazy kids these days.



I also stopped by the Dollar Tree and picked up some My Little Pony Series 2 Value Packs and some super retro (Seriously guys, I think this shit is from 1998) Pokemon tattoo sets. Why do they still have these available? I mean, it's super cool and you have NO IDEA how stoked I was to get classic Pokemon merch in 2013, but what the heck?

So that's what I picked up today. Thank you to YouTube for infiltrating my brain. I love you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment